Thursday 12 August 2021

WWC322 - - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

 Hi there, time for a new challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha is our hostess with an  All About Occasions challenge.  


Today, I'm sharing a Christmas card.    I've recently purchased some Sweet Poppy stencils.  


These are beautiful large stencils.  I just managed to get this one onto an A2 US sized card.  They are metal stencils so I used a new magnetic embossing plate to keep the die on my paper.  I saw some ideas on the web showing people using magnetic sheets and I knew I had a new unsued plate and thought I'd try it and it worked so well.  I started by taking some Altenew Eastern Sky and Sunkissed inks to colour the centre of the Bauble stencil. I then used Crimson for the ribbons and bow plus the Holly berries, and Hunter Green and Seas Forest inks for the holly and pine branches.  My next step was to stamp some trees in the greens.  Both trees used came from old freebie sets as did the sentiment.  Added some white nuvo drops, some Stickles and a bit of gel pen to create the snow.  

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time) to link up your project.


8 comments:

Betty said...

wow - love that stencil over the pretty scenic ornament!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another beauty with that stencil, Dawn!! Just love the winter scene you stamped on top!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Dawn,what a wonderful stencil and love the winter scene..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

That stencil was sure a great buy! Another beautiful card!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love the big, bold images!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is amazing Dawn! What a stunning creation! Love everything about this! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Helen said...

This is jsut a stunning card Dawn!! Love everything about it. A clever design. Stay safe! :)

Heidi Weaver said...

I haven't begun my Christmas cards yet, Dawn, but looking at the calendar, it may well be time. That said, your card is a wonderful inspiration. I love the way you've used the new Bauble stencil, along with the tree stamps, to create such a wonderful card. Your use of colours is incredible. The colour blending inside the bauble is especially compelling. I love everything about this creation.