Friday 24 September 2021

Two cards for two challenges.

 Over the last couple of days I've been working on a couple of cards for a couple of challenges. 

First up is another card for the Let's Squash It! challenge - to sand it with numbers/words



I was looking through my Embossing Folders and found this old scripty words one.  I used as soft pinky card and ran it through the Cuttlebug and then took the sanding block to it.  Love how it turned out.  I then decided to use an Altenew die.  I die cut then cut again with a slightly larger circle to make a frame.  I added Wink of Stella all over the die cut peice.  I then made the flower - using an Altenew stamp set which I white embossed and then used inks to watercolour.  

And my second card is for the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge... Card and Matching Envelope.    The design team used Colorado Craft Company products and even though it's not necessary to use there products, I did.


I stamped the image onto some watercolour paper and used Altenew Woodless Watercoloured pencils to colour it in.  Once it was dried I die cut the image out.  I then took my card base and used some washi to mask off the edges before taking a Hero Arts cloud mask and some blue ink to add the sky and green for the ground.  I stamped the two sentiments and then added the die cut.    I used the same bliue and green to add a bit of colour to the envelope adding a little pair of bunnies which I coloured with the watercolour pencils and a damp brush.  

Thanks for stopping by.  My weekend is starting and it's the start of Daylight Savings tomorrow night... that means summer is on it's way.   


7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful pair of cards Dawn - love the sanded embossing - that's exquisite with the die cuts over it. The bunnies are so sweet
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

fabulous cards Dawn - but the card and matching envelope has my heart!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great cards, Dawn! Love the scripty background on card one and the sweet bunnies with matching envelope on card two!!

Chrissy said...

I love how you do that with the embossing folder Dawn, I have that folder too, must fish them all out and play, beautiful, and I love your sweet anniversary bunnies..gorgeous sky..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lin said...

Dawn, I love your darling bunnies! What a sweet scene you've created, and the envelope is just as cute!

Greta said...

Totally adorable & so well done, Dawn!

Helen said...

Both cards are beautiful Dawn. I adore your CC card. Great colouring!! Take care! :0