Wednesday 6 October 2021

Altenew Educator's "Alphabet Name Game"

 Hi there.  Over at Altenew's blog, the Altenew Educators are having an "Alphabet Name Game".  Basically we were supposed to use the first initial of our name and use a technique or style to start with that letter.   The Altenew Educators have a blog hop to inspire.  And they have challenged us to have a go. 

So Dawn.... D for - dry embossing and die cutting


I am in love with mini slimlines at the moment.   And I'm in love with Altenew's 3D Decorative Floral folder.  I die cut a panel and ran it through my trusty Cuttlebug with the 3D folder.  It really is stunning.  I then stamped and die cut some flowers from the Playful Plumeria.  I used some gorgeous reds to make the flowers with a touch of browns for the final layer to add some depth.  I added a sentiment from the Playful Plumeria set. The only embellishment I needed was a black gem in the centre of each flower.

I enjoyed this challenge which allowed me to play with everything I love.  Thanks Altenew Educators.  


 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is certainly an eye catching card Dawn - it is so elegant and classy - love it!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Liz O. said...

Beautiful creation Dawn! Thanks for sharing!

Sabrina K said...

I have not YET ventured into the world of slimlines, but your design is certainly nudging me in that direction! I love that it is classic and elegant, simple yet stunning. I plan to lift some of your touches to my A2 cards for now, but probably should just admit - I’m going to have to go down the slimline path soon! Thank you for sharing!

Greta said...

Oh wow--one of my favorite cards! Will have to put that ef on my wishlist!