Sunday 31 October 2021

Coneflowers Three Ways

 I have been wanting to get the Altenew Build A Flower Coneflower since it came out in April but it's been popular and everytime I look it's been out of stock.... but I saw it at Krafter's Cart - my local online store, so it made it's way to me and arrived on Friday.   I decided to try some different techniques using it.   So over the weekend I had a play.... three techinques and four cards later ...

FIRST TECHNIQUE... stamping the layers in mixed colours. 


The are three layers to this stamp.  I used a variety of Altenew inks - putting the purples around the out edges and the pinks towards the centre.  I used a blending brush to ensure a smooth tranistion.  Did each layer a couple of times. I used the matching die to cut the flower.  To add some extra texture I added a stamp from A Study in Watercolour stamped in Andromeda ink and added some gold splatters.  The sentiment is from the BAF Coneflower set.  I used Pinkfresh Studio mini slimline dies to cut my panel.  

SECOND
TECHNIQUE - Watercolouring.


I used some Archers 185gm watercolour paper to gold emboss both flowers from the set.  I then used Altenew 36 pan watercolour set to add the colour. Once it dried I added some white details.  I used the matching die to cut the flowers.  To make my background I was inspired by Therese Calvrid.  I made a stencil by cutting a rectangle out of some vellum.  I then added some Forest Glades green ink and then used Classy Stripes stencil to add some extra inking.  I gold embossed the sentiment from the set. 

THIRD TECHNIQUE- ink smooshing. 

I made two cards using ink smooshing.  


I took some Archers 185gm watercolour paper and smooshed some Shaded Lilac and Worn Lipstick Oxide inks onto a palate.  I too

I smooshed some Shaded Lilac, Worn Lipstick  and Mowed Lawn Oxide inks onto a palate and took some Archers 185gm watercolour paper and put my paper into it.  I dried it off and then stamped the flowers.  I didn't dry it completely so when I took my Spectrum Noir pen to add sparkle, the ink bleed a bit.  I to another piece of the watercolour paper and did some more light smooshing, and run it through Altenew's Daisies 3D folder. I layered the panel to some purple card and used the same ink to stamp my sentiment onto before trimming it.  Layered onto a cream card base. 

My second smooshed background was a bit darker than the firest one.  


I used some Woodless watercolour pencils from Altenew to add extra colour to my flowers.  I added a die cut sentiment and some clear gems.  

Well I appreciate if you made to the end of this post... as you can see I had a great time playing with this set.  In fact this afternoon I even started another card that I will finish tomorrow.  

Hope you weekend was full of crafting too.  Not much else I can do here as we head to the end of the 11th week in lockdown.   Take care 

7 comments:

SarahR said...

Hi Dawn, wow those cards are just stunning! So many different looks with just the one stamp - that's really impressive and such good value from the stamps set as well.

Sarah

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn, love all the different ways you have used it. Hope your lockdown ends real soon.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You've been busy, Dawn! Always fun to play with new goodies, isn't it?? Just love all your coneflower cards but my fave is the first one - fabulous mini slim!!

Betty said...

WOW - these are all so wonderful, Dawn - difficult to choose a favorite! Thx for all the ideas for coloring this flower - I need to go back to some watercoloring again and use those watercolor pencils!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Dawn, I love the cone flowers and the different ways colouring them, I love to do that too..gold embossing is lovely,and I think I need to have a smoosh soon, been awhile..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous fun you must have had Dawn - I feel for you in lock down - obeying the rules, only to have some muppets 'demonstrating' against their perceived loss of freedoms... I will stop there.
Loving your cards - you certainly have made the most of the stamps and dies and have created some amazing work.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Pretty cards, Dawn! I especially love the first one! Hope everyone stays well & you're soon out of lockdown.