Saturday 13 November 2021

Diamond Fold Card.

 Hi there.... well my mojo has taken a holiday this week!   I just haven't had any enthusiasm for card making.... did one this afternoon and I think it will be binned.... didn't like how it turned out.... 

So today's share is a card I made for my local swap group.  Suna let me know today that it arrived.  Carol chose the theme:  Some kind of interactive project... something has to move, pop up or out, open or be revealed.   I did lots of googling and checking out Pinterest and You Tube.  I found this video for a Diamond Fold Card.  


This is the card closed, ready to pop into the envelope. I had made the envelope (but forgot to take a photo before sending it off) 

And here it is opened.  I found some pretty paper in my extensive supply of patterned papers... It was something I had picked up at my local The Warehouse store.  I cut it to fit all the pieces.  I fussy cut one of the roses to pop on my front diamond.  The diamond is a little larger than the centre panel as you can see on the closed card.  I used some shimmer blue to make the diamond and the Penny Black sentiment was die cut from dark grey shimmery card.  I added some silver bauble gems.  There is just a little space on the back of the sides to write on.    Now this one, I was pleased with!  And Suna said she loved it too.  

Today I went retail shopping for the first time in 13 weeks!  Wednesday morning our area moved down a little in terms of restrictions - retail shops are able to open - but still only click and collect for cafes and hospitality.  I needed to replace a set of sheets that died a couple of weeks ago.  And the cushion needed new inserts... plus hubby needed new clothes and walking shoes.  Bonus was I found his Christmas present and he got mine... and I got some bits for the Princess Dress up I'm putting together as part of Grace's Christmas present.  All in all very happy.  We waited till after lunch before heading to the Mall.  Did all the right things... wore our masks, used the Covid app to record where we went and stayed 2 metres apart as much as we could.  It wasn't overly busy thank goodness. 

The forecast is for wet and humid weather tomorrow so I'm heading into the craft room and hope the mojo comes back.  

Take care.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - this is magnificent!! No wonder Suna liked it!
Great to hear your shopping expedition was such a success. One gets somewhat nervous the first times out! With Covid popping up all arund us I am curtailing my shopping trips again...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Gorgeous paper & such a unique folding card! Bet Suna loves it! Glad you could do a little shopping. Last time I went into a store to do an exchange, a lady walked by & refused to wear a mask. So aggravating. I told the clerk--this is why I just do outside pickup, which is great. I know they're loosing business when people like me don't want to walk through the aisles because of people who refuse to believe facts & do what is right.