Wednesday 17 November 2021

Washi Two Ways

 Altenew are currently having a Get Wild about Washi contest as part of a release of new Washi tapes. 

I have a few of the Altenew Washi tapes.... and chose to use Peach Gold Wide Washi to make two cards today.. together with new stash that arrived yesterday.... Craft Your Life Project Kit - Hello Beautiful 

First up I used the washi as a background 

I covered some cream card with the Washi to make the background.  I stamped the Flowers from the Kit stamp set and then used the colouring stencils to add the colour.  I wanted to use muted colours to match the soft colours of the Washi.  I gold embossed the birthday sentiment (from Altenew's Birthday Builder set) onto some brown card and added to the background.  Die cut the floral element and added with 3D tape. 

Entering this into The Flower Challenge... #62  "Add leaves"  

And for my second card  I did some embossing with the 3D embossing folder from the kit. 


I had a little panel of the Washi on the cream card, left over from the first card.  I took some of dark brown card and ran it through the folder.  I trimmed it down and then laid the washi panel on embossed panel before running it back through my Cuttlebug.   Before gluing it down, I added some Altenew Enchanted Gold pigment ink blended over the raised embossing on the background and did a little sanding of the top layer.   A few pearls and a die cut sentiment finished it off.  

If you visit the Altenew blog there are lots of inspiration for using washi.   


6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn the embossing panel is gorgeous and so dimensional with lovely muted colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Really love the design of the 2nd card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Both cards are beautiful but my favorite is the one with those gorgeous embossed flowers, what a lovely golden shine on them.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria./DT

Betty said...

two gorgeous cards from the kit, Dawn - love them both!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, both stunning Dawn! Loving the dry embossing, looks amazing with the two tones. Love these both. Hugs, Wends xoxo