Thursday 18 November 2021

WWC #329- Cathy's Challenge - All Things Masculine

 Hi.  It's time for a new challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  Cathy's our hostess with an All Things Masculine Challenge.  


My son's birthday was last Saturday - 13th November.  He turned 33 this year... where does the time go?  This is the card I made for him. 


I pulled out my all time favourite card magazine - Cardmaking in Easy Steps "For the Boys" - It has a stamp set and some patterned papers.  I'm getting down to mostly scrappy bits now.  I took inspiration from a card in the magazine.  My card is smaller in size and uses a different focal point but I did like the design elements.  I used a piece of the patterned papaer matted onto some brown card.  The panel beside it was white card embossed with a 3D We Are Memory Keepers folder which was ink blended with some Altenew Sea Forest ink.  I also added some of the ink around the edge of the white focal panel.  The Ute was die cut with a Craft Creations Holden Kingswood die from dark blue card and inlaid with some silver card.  There's a little bit of vellum for the windows.  My son had a Holden Kingswood when he was in his mid- 20s.  His was red though.  I finished with the birthday sentiment.  

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday 29 November at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time) to link up your project.


6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a stylish card, Dawn. I've been asked to make some masculine cards and I'm panicking BIG! Jo x

Tristan said...

Great design and colour scheme Dawn.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine card, I love doing masculine..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Perfect masculine card! Love that you used vellum for the windows!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fabulous masculine creation. The background layers, the fabby car, this is awesome! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Helen said...

I'm sure your son loved this super card Dawn. What a wonderful masculine card!! Love all the details and layers. Take care! :)