Monday 8 November 2021

Make your own background.

 I recently send in a submission for Creative Scrapbooking Magazine - which unfortunely didn't make it through, so I can share it now....

It was to stamp your own background... 

I used a cream card base and panel for the main part.  I used Altenew Engraved Flowers to stamp the flowers and leaves all over the panel.  I used  Prismacolor pencil in 10% Warm Grey to add some colour to the flowers and leaves.  I trimmed the panel with a Gina K Master Layouts 2 die and backed it onto some pink card.   I took a some white card and stamped one of the flowers and leaves.  I used my Scan'N'Cut to cut it out and then used some Altenew 36pan watercolour paints.  I added this with some Stampin' Up Dimensionals.    My sentiment was white embossed on black and added with some black dimensional stripes.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy to report I got to spend a couple of hours at the playground with Grace on Sunday.   3 months since I saw her last... she has grown so much and is so chatty.   

It was awesome to be able to be with her.  She rushed straight over to me and gave me a big hug.  I had missed that so much.   And from Wednesday, restrictions will be lifted a little.  Retail stores will be open and you can meet in groups of 25 outside - not inside yet... so no cinema's or gym.  Swimming pools will be open with limited numbers and the zoo too.  Still working from home but used to that now.


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn, loved the stamped background and gorgeous flower, don't you just love Altenew stamps and dies..lovely pics of your sweet girl, I get to see my youngest Grandaughter on Sunday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn that flower really pops against you background. So pleased you can meet up with your Granddaughter again, she is so cute!

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - and Grace is such a little doll!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beauty this is Dawn! I love the engraved flower background with the pop of colour over the top. It's heartwarming to hear about you getting together with your granddaughter - what beautiful photos! Vicky x

Greta said...

Oh she is so cute! How great you got to see her & wonderful she immediately gave you a big hug! Kids grow up so fast! Great the restrictions are lifting some. Not sure when I'll feel safe eating inside a restaurant, but we do some quick shopping trips with masks on. So grateful we've had our vaccine shots including a booster. Beautiful coloring of the flower, Dawn!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty card and darling Grace, Dawn - so nice you could get together!!