Thursday 10 February 2022

Celebrate Flowers

 The latest challenge is up at The Flower Challenge...


I love using flowers on my cards and today I have a card inspired by Gina K and Jennifer McGuire and their partial die cut cards.

Here it is laying flat.  I used an Altenew stamp and die to make my focal image.  I did a partial die cutting of the flower.  The inside of the card was layered with purple card and I added the hot foiled sentiment (Pink Fresh Studio)  


Here is it standing up to give an idea of how it looks. 

Life in NZ is pottering along.... Omicron cases are increasing... today was the highest number of infections since March 2020 with just over 300 cases.. but hospitalisations are low - 12 with none in ICU.  At work we are working on strategies to ensure we can keep servicing our customers... we already have reduced the number who can be in the reception area to 3, with just one receptionist.  Hopefully we won't be hit too hard.  


6 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn and love the partial cutting to create this unique card.

Betty said...

love you card, Dawn - I forget some of these wonderful techniques so thanks for the reminder.

I Card Everyone said...

Dawn - what is it they say about great minds? - I am currently working on a partial-die-cut card!
I Love your beautifully painted purple blooms! Such a unique birthday card - sure to be treasured!
Thanks so much for joining us again at The Flower Challenge!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - amazing work and a fabulous results. Today's total of omicron is not a nice one, and 'they' say it could be double!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card design Dawn and love the flowers, so pretty...stay safe..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

This came out great! Hope you stay safe in spite of the increasing cases.