Sunday 13 February 2022

Christmas Kickstart #59 - Let the Sentiment take centre stage!

 Hi there....we've been feeling the effects of Cyclone Dovi in the past day or so.... high winds and humid weather.  This morning we lost power for two hours.  Luckily hubby had just boiled the kettle so I got my cup of tea in bed - had to have cereal instead of my usual toast.    But it did mean I spent some time in my craft room today.  

I'm a little behind in doing the Gentleman Crafter's sketch challenges.  But I'm printing them out for when I need a little inspiration.   Which is what I did this afternoon.  


I used this sketch as a basis for a Christmas card.  


I always amend the sketch to make a 4.25" x 5.5" card as that is the size I prefer to make.  The sentiment (from a Kaisercraft set) was my starting point.  The grabbed a Christmas paper pack and sorted through it to get some papers that went well together.  

I'm adding this to this month's challenge at Christmas Kickstart #59 Let the Sentiment take centre stage!


Omicron has taken hold here in NZ now... Today's cases 810 up from 454 yesterday and 373 the day before.  Getting a bit scary now.   Stay safe out there people

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Dawn and I love the big sentiment..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Dawn. I very nearly used this stamp myself. Looks good against the green. Stay safe, and I hope that cyclone is gone now. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart challenge with Jen and me, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn - the paper is perfect for both the sketch and the main panel. A wonderful card.
Yes. we are starting to see our numbers go up - something we have avoided until now... only two cases right through until this week...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Very pretty, Dawn! It is scary when cases surge. Luckily ours are now coming down, but they were higher than during Delta. We were able to get some KN95 masks, so are using those whenever we go inside a public building. Feeling so grateful to be retired.

Arlene said...

Fantastic card! You really made the sentiment take front and center - love it.

Jen W. said...

Love the patterned paper you used here, Dawn, and that's a great sentiment for the challenge. Hope all is well over there and the cyclones and omicron have backed off! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart Challenge!