Sunday 27 February 2022

Daisy Wreath - two ways

 Today I have two cards to share.... I recently did an order from Scrapbook.com and picked up a Pinkfresh hotfoil plate with a matching stencil and die - Daisy Wreath.  It's gorgeous and today I had a bit of play.

The first one used all three products.  



I started by hot foiling the wreath using Rose Gold foil from We Are Memory Keepers.   (It's so hard to photograph though)  I then used the stencil (5 layers) to blend Altenew inks in Pink Pearl, Carol Bliss for the flowers and Sweet Leaf and Just Green for the leaves with Milk Chocolate for the flower centres.  I then added some glossy accents to the centres.  After I die cut the wreath, I added it to a background panel, embossed with a WRMK's 3D folder.  I used dimensional tape to add the wreath and the foiled sentiment - another Pinkfresh foil plate. 

For my second card I only used the stencil and the die.


I firstly used an Altenew cover die- Dotted Starburst debossing cover die on a lilac card panel.  I then cut a scalloped rectangle from Gina K Master Layout #4.  I used the stencil to add the colours - Altenew inks - Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields & Deep Iris for the flowers and Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades for the leaves.  For the flower centres I added some Nuvo drops through the stencil.  I die cut a vellum circle and used some Ranger Gold Embossing powder to emboss the sentiment from Altenew's Layered Lily set.  I added it behind the centre of the wreath and then added dimensional tape to the wreath.  I used some Pinkfresh gold baubles.  

I had a lot of fun making these two.  

Had a great day yesterday as well... Babysat Grace from 9.00 till 4.00 - she was such a joy - such a good little girl.  We took her to the supermarket, she did some painting and crafting and we went to the beach.  I had to laugh as when Mum and Dad arrived she told them to go away... she wanted to stay with Nanny and Pop.   Made my day!

COVID is really taking hold now.... 14,941 cases today.  I just wish it was all over and we can get back to normal.   

Sending prayers to the Ukraine -   Take care out there people. 

3 comments:

Lin said...

2 lovelies, Dawn - definitely a set that we will use over and over again!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn - what a great purchase :). Love how the cards look so different with the differing colourways and backgrounds.
Yes, the numbers are going up at a great rate - a wee bit worrisome.
It has hit out town hard, and both my (local) grandies are off school now for at least the rest of the week - their Mum will take it week by week.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

You've made me put the daisy wreath on my wishlist! Love both cards, Dawn! How wonderful to have Grace for the day! So sweet she wanted to stay!