Monday 28 February 2022

White Pencil Highlighting - with Die Cut Divas and Hero Arts.

 Hi.  It's the last day of the month, so I'm sharing my card for the monthly challenge at Die Cut Divas 

 Our February challenge is "ANGLE IT" and this month our sponsor is the fabulous company Hero Arts who will be giving our winner a $25 gift card to their online store.


Today I have two cards to share.

First is the one you can find on the Die Cut Divas Blog (here


I used a technique that I first saw over on Jennifer McGuire's blog in February 2016!  It's called White pencil highlighting.  I took some purple card and cut it on an angle before stamping Antique Rose Stem stamp (wooden rubber stamp circa 2016) in Hero Art Unicorn white ink and then took a white Prismacolor pencil and added shading around the edges to highlight the petals.  I added a white die cut from Hero Arts Hello There Stamp and cut.  I added some Wink of Stella on the die cut.  I matted the purple panel onto black card.  A few pearls finished this one.  

and my bonus card.... this one came about after I had done the one above.   I had been catching up on watching some You-Tube videos.  I saw one by Natasha Foote... making her own book paper.  So I decided to have a go.  I case'd Natasha's card. 


I added Distress inks - Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Old Paper and Weathered Wood onto a silicone mat and sprayed water onto it and smooshed some watercolour paper into it.  I dried the panel and added another layer.  I used another of my older Hero Arts red rubber background stamps - Friends Definition circa 2010.   I then tore it on an angle.  I rolled the edge and inked it with the Vintage Photo.  I also distressed a couple of spots.  I added an embossed poppy from Hero Arts - Hero Florals Poppy and matching Frame cut with some 3D tape.  I stamped the sentiment from another older set - Everyday Sayings circa 2010.  I die cut it using a Gina K die.  I added a burlap thread bow. 

Our challenge finishes at 9pm 28 February Pacific Time (1 March 6pm NZ time) 


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are stunning Dawn - love that white on purple, and the wonderful angled panel. The second one is totally different but still a beautiful piece of art!! Love the mor organic feel to the 'angle'
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful, I especially like the bonus card!!

Greta said...

These are beautiful, Dawn! Really like your book paper!

Chrissy said...

Two beauties Dawn..loved the technique with the white stamping and pencils and loved the Poppy and txt background in vintage style, beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Dawn - love the purple with the white highlighting on card one and the inked definition on card two!!