Saturday 5 March 2022

Who said Boys can't have Bling.

 This week I've been working at home so in my breaks I sneak into the craft room.  One of my creations came about as I had been cleaning up last Sunday and came across an older Hero Art Cling Stamp.  I kept it out on my desk as I thought I could do a masculine card with it.    Took a couple of my mini breaks to finish but here it is....

This started with a white panel .  I used a dark grey Altenew ink to stamp the Hero Arts stamp (Watch Gears)  I then blended some pale grey ink all over. Die cut it with one of Gina K Master Layouts 2 dies.  It looked a little bland so used another Hero Arts stamp - I added a little bits of writing. Add the sentiment which is from an Australian coy - Stamp It!  Unfortunately this company no longer exists.   Still looked a bit blah so took a white Posca pen and added lots of bits of white - a little better but still missing something....   Added black and silver gems and some black enamel hearts...  Much better. And yes boys can have bling!!!!  Layered the panel onto black and then a dark grey card base.  

Omicron is well established in the country  - Thursday and Friday over 22,000 - today just under 19,000 - so maybe we are hitting the peak.... As from last night the borders are now open to NZ residents wanting to return home without going into Managed Isolation or self-isolation.      We have booked our flights to Australia for April.  So Perth, here we come.   We will be there for Easter and also Archie's birthday.  So excited - can't wait to see the new house. 

Thanks for stopping by. Take care out there.  

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Dawn and of course boys can have bling, looks fabulous..travel safe..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous masculine card with the tasteful bling, Dawn!! Travel safely!!

Greta said...

Wow--that's the way to use your breaks, Dawn! Came out just great! How wonderful you can finally go to Australia. Enjoy!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn - so much work and so many details, and I love the understated bling!!
Great news to know you can head over and see family again :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a fabulous creation Dawn! LOVE the elegant stitched edge detailing, this is such a cool creation! Hugs, Wends xoxo