Sunday 6 March 2022

Pinwheel Quilt Cards

 Hi there.  Today I'm sharing two cards I made using a technique I found at Splitcoaststampers - called Crazy 8 star - and one way of doing it is to use a Pinwheel Quilt technique.  

My first card is a birthday card.  

For this one, I chose two different purple patterned papers.  I punched 1.25" squares and used some purpley-blue squares to add the little squares to.  I used an embossing folder with some butterflies on it, to add the texture behind the Pinwheel star.  I recently purchased a Grosgrain ribbon and bow die from Poppystamps and cut them from the same card as the background of the star.  I took a Gina K Master layouts circle die and cut the circles.  I used a Gina K stamp to add the sentiment. 

My second card is a Christmas card. 

For this one, I used a die cut to cut my squares.  These ones are a little bigger than the first one. I added a big snowflake die that was gifted to me.  I added some holographic gems to my snowflake and added a die cut sentiment - Britannia Dies - to finish.  My background also has snowflakes embossed on it.  I also added a white die cut Grosgrain ribbon.   I'm entering this one into the challenge at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  


I had fun trying out this technique.   

Thanks for visiting today.  


4 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Dawn, love the quilt design.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn = love that you used the debossed side on the background of the first card.
That grosgrain ribbon and bow die is so very realistic - love it!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a lovely effect, Dawn - just love the patterns you combined!! Oooo - ribbon die from Poppystamps - I think you've enabled me!!

Greta said...

These are really beautiful quilt cards, Dawn! Love the ribbon/bow die cuts!