Wednesday 9 March 2022

Snowflakes are winter's butterflies...

 The latest challenge at Christmas Kickstart is Snowflakes are winter's butterflies... 


I decided to try out a technique I saw at over at Natasha Foote's You Tube - creating a delicate background frame DIY - here.  Natasha made her frame with leaves/branches.   I decided to do mine with snowflakes.   



I don't have many snowflake dies... here I used three dies - 2 from a set by Marianne and one a freebie from a magazine.  I used some dies from Lil' Inkers to make the outsides of my frame.   I need to get some A2 layering rectangle dies so I can get a finer frame but these turned out ok.  I layered the frame onto a blue base and then silver embossed the Kaisercraft sentiment,  I die cut the biggest snowflake from some silver card and added it to the frame.  A few silver baubles finished the card.    

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to do this frame.  l will be trying this DIY frame again. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate each and every visit.  


8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow fabulous Dawn, I have just watched Natasha's tutorial and its one I am going to try too.

Dotty Jo said...

Looks like I should take a look at that tutorial myself, Dawn! This is gorgeous and I love the addition of the silver in the centre. Thanks for joining Carol and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Great job with the frames and snowflakes. Love it.

Greta said...

Oh how creative to make your own snowflake frame! This is beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Dawn - I love blue and silver together, and you have really nailed this one with the silver embossing and snowflake
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, love the blue and silver and really like your snowflake frame, how clever.....

luv CHRISSYxx

Inkyfingers said...

This is just gorgeous, Dawn! At first, I thought you had used a snowflake frame die, but how clever of you to use individual snowflake dies and the rectangle dies to create your own!
Thanks for sharing with Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How'd I miss this one, Dawn? Was perusing Christmas Kickstart and spotted it - love the frame with the background snowflakes and the shiny silver embellishment - so pretty!!