Thursday 17 February 2022

WCC355 Heidi's Challenge - Anything Goes "Celebrating the End!"

 Hi there.  Time for a new challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.... It is a sad post... as this will be our last challenge.  Heidi is our hostess with an Anything Goes challenge.  


Watercooler Wednesday Challenge had it's first challenge on June 1st, 2014.  It has gone through a number of iterations and here we are celebrating our 335th challenge.   Several of our designers -  Kath Ricks, Marsha Reed and Heidi Weaver have been there from the start.  January 2015 Heidi took over the role of administrator of the blog and in  2016, Marsha became the permanent co-administrator- and these two have lead us ably since then.  But now it's time for the challenge to close... I know I will miss being part of this group of talented ladies.  My card making has improved by being a designer for the challenge.  So on to my card. 

I challenged myself to try something a little more difficult so chose to make this Tri Shutter Fold card.  This is the first time I've made this fold.  I found a template on Pinterest and cut a white base.  I found some blue papers that went well together and cut all the layers.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.   I stamped the sentiment on one of the centre panels.  I die cut an oval and a scalloped oval.  Before cutting out the oval panel I had hot foiled a Spellbinder sentiment.   I watercoloured some paper with a variety of blue inks and used it to die cut the Altenew Mini Floral Cluster dies.  I added a pink pearl in the centre of the flowers. 


Here are a couple more photos of the card. 



Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday 28th February 2022 at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 12.00 noon NZ time) to link up your project.  


10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

An amazing card Dawn - love that fact that it is so beautifully monochrome too!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Tristan said...

Such a beautiful feminine card Dawn. Love this fancy fold and your DSPs.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Dawn what a fun card, love the shape and your blue colour choice, so pretty.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous fold and card Dawn and love the added flowers and beautiful sentiment..great font.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Wow--what a beauty with that interesting fold & lovely paper!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous fun fold card, Dawn - just love the papers and little flower cluster!! Too bad about Watercooler Wednesday - I enjoyed that challenge and the cards you created for it!!

creationsnz said...

Gorgeous! I love the cool blue look and the papers you've used look so fab together. CarolG

Cathy said...

Fabulous fancy fold card Dawn, this is way out of my league! Thankyou for your friendship and inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Helen said...

Such a wonderful 'fun' fold card Dawn. The beautiful blues you have chosen really set it off and make the perfect feminine card. I must do more fun folds. Do I have the patience?? :) Thanks so much for your special freindship and support over our time on the DT. It means a lot to me and I look forward to following your creations on other challenges in blogland. Sadly for some reason I can't follow your posts through the follow button but if you are able to add me under my email, I'd be honoured to follow. Good luck with your future projects. Maybe one day we can meet! :) Stay safe my crafty friend. x

Heidi Weaver said...

I love this fold, Dawn. I'm so glad you reminded me how gorgeous it can look. Your choice of colours and patterns is, as usual, fabulous. I love all those shades of blue and the lovely flowers. Great work. I feel so lucky to have worked on this Challenge with you and to have enjoyed your creations.