Saturday 19 February 2022

Go Green!

 Yes, today my cards are GREEN.... I decided I better get a card into the latest challenge at Let's Squash It.... but OH NO... I didn't read the brief properly  - It's Green and an insect!!!!  I've made two GREEN cards ... I had finished the cards before I realised - but managed to add a butterfly to one to meet the criteria!  

Here's the first card that DIDN'T follow the brief...  

I took a Craft Concepts Folder and some Catherine Pooler Lime Rickey ink and used a brayer to add the ink to the folder.  I have to admit this is the third try to get the look I wanted.   I had this little MFT Toucan sitting on my desk so added some colour to it.  I added Glossy Accents to her beak.  I used a dimensional dot behind her and slipped the die cut leaves (also from the scrap bowl) behind.  The sentiment was also in the scrap bowl - so not sure who it's by.  Did some matting, adding to a white base.  I really like this one.  Good practise to try th
e inking the folder technique.  

And here's the card I added the butterfly to so it DID meet the brief.  


For this one I took some light green card and an Altenew 3D folder.  I then look some green Altenew ink and blended over parts of the folder to highlight the embossing.  I added white dots on the flowers and added some pearls.  I had a silver foiled sentiment which I blended the green ink over. ( so hard to photograph) and added the Memory Box die cut Butterfly.  So this one is going into the Let's Squash It challenge


I must say though, I had a great afternoon playing in my craft room.   Staying home as much as I can...as Omicron numbers are rising... 1906 today.  Luckily no places of interest in my part of the city. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

these are gorgeous Dawn, and I love the greens you have used. That toucan really 'pops' against the greens, and the deep embossing and the added dots really bring the embossing folder to life in the second card. I too am not moving away from home much at the moment - self preservation :) We do have some cases in town.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Love them both, Dawn! Thanks for playing with our challenge at Let's Squash It, Jo x

Robyn Oliver said...

Two lovely GREEN cards Dawn... I do like the butterfly one with that gorgeous floral EF and the toucan is pretty cute too

Greta said...

Both pretty, but I especially love the 2nd one! Adding the white dots was a great idea!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beauties in green, Dawn! Fun toucan on card one and I love the Altenew 3D in green! Perfect with the butterfly addition!!

creationsnz said...

Love your work with the greens. The toucan is a lovely bright touch amongst the greenery. CarolG

Chrissy said...

First one, great background colour and texture Dawn and love the Tucan and the second has fabulous embossing and love the greens and splatter of white dots with the gentle butterfly..

Luv CHRISSYxx