Monday 9 May 2022

Gelli plate backgrounds.

 Yesterday I posted a picture of some of the Gelli plate backgrounds I made.  


Today I'm sharing two cards I made with some of them.

First up is the pink and gold one.  


I made a mini slimline card.  I used Altenew Natures Blossom stamp set to make the focal image.  Die cut a birthday sentiment from Honey Bee and added the sub-sentiment from the same set.

Next up was a one of the backgrounds that was a bit dark looking.  I'd added too much purple ink - but look at how great this one turned out.


I used a 3D embossing folder by Altenew and then a sanding block to take a bit of the paint off before running my Hero Arts Unicorn White ink lightly over the top.  The sentiment strip is from a pre-printed sheet by Taylored Expressions.  

I still have quite a few left to play with.  

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with those gelli print backgrounds, Dawn - especially love the floral blue one!! I've been searching for my gelli plate but have yet to find it - when I do, you've inspired me!!

Betty said...

these are fantastic,Dawn - especially love the purple card - that turned out so beautifully - sorry I haven't commented much lately - bloglovin' being down makes it so difficult - and I'm still getting settled in my my new home!

Greta said...

Oh wow--that second card is stunning, Dawn! Goes to show, a panel doesn't have to look great in the beginning to make a great card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Your second card is pretty awesome Dawn!! - two beauties, but the second one is my favourite
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy said...

Your gelli prints look fantastic Dawn, the 2nd card is so striking, love the rich colour, Cathy x