Thursday 12 May 2022

Gelli plate stamp lift technique

Today I am sharing another of my Gelli plate backgrounds.   I made this one into a card that went to my friend Suna, as part of our NZ technique swap group.  Our theme this month was to use Paint or Ink on our card.  This is why my Gelli plate came out on Saturday as I had seen a You Tube video by Nicole Watt (here) It was one where you put on your acrylic paint onto the plate and use stamps to lift the paint off.  You then let the paint dry.  Once dry, add a light layer of white paint.  I couldn't find my white paint so used white gesso and then did my print. 

Here's how I made it in the card

I used green and blue paint and did the lift technique with a Catherine Pooler stamp set.  I used a Spellbinders Hemstitch rectangle die cut out the bit I wanted on my card.   I matted it onto black card.  I used a sentiment from a new to me set from LDRS Creative - it's a stamp that is a lot of sentiments that you stamp all at once and then cut with the coordinating die.  Great to have a pile of sentiments on hand. 

Looking forward to a good weekend as our Princess is having her birthday party.  She turned 3 on Tuesday this week.  Where has the time gone!  

thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this card Dawn - and thanks for explaining the lift technique.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another beauty with the gelli plate, Dawn - love the bits of black showing through with the hemstitch!

Greta said...

Your card turned out so beautiful, Dawn! Love the colors & effect you got! Can't believe Grace is going to be 3!