Monday 16 May 2022

A Sympathy card and Grace's 3rd birthday card.

 Two very different cards to share today.  

First up is the Sympathy card I sent to my team mate and bloggy friend - Linda - who recently lost her beloved Mother. 


I wanted some thing bright but still elegant - the heart is a Poppy Stamp die called Lacy Floral Heart split border.  I die cut it from white and used the dark pink behind it.  The card base was embossed with a frame folder and the pink and white panels where cut to fit inside the frame.  The sentiment was white embossed onto some of the pink card.  I added little pearl gems to each of the flowers on the die cut. 

And secondly is the fun card I made for Grace's 3rd birthday.


I made this cute little caterpillar using punched circles.  I added big googly eyes to the head.   After I took the photo I decided to add little feet to the caterpillar.  The sentiment is an older Hero Arts wooden stamp.    

Grace had her birthday party on Saturday..





She had a face painter come and she and her friends got their faces painted... and Nanny had to have a little butterfly too!   It was a lovely day and she had so much fun with her little friends.  


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful sympathy card Dawn- so elegant! Love the fun card you made for Grace, and it looks as though you enjoyed the party as much as Grace and her friends :)
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You know how I love hearts, Dawn, and your card was perfect - thanks so much!! And I love your bug of circles for Grace - bet she loved it and I love the party photos too!! Great facial temp tatoos!!

Greta said...

Lovely, elegant sympathy card which I know Linda appreciated. Such a fun card for Grace & looks like a great day for her BD party! She is so cute!