Tuesday 17 May 2022

You're one of a kind...

 I have been home sick for the last couple of days... bad head cold with runny nose and sore throat,  - did a RAT test... negative so that was good.   I haven't felt like doing much - a little sewing today - Today's card was made on Sunday when I was just starting to feel unwell.  Inspiration for this came from a Gina K 5 minute video.  Gina used rubber bands to make a plaid background.   I could not find my bag of rubber bands so improvised to make a plaid background with a stamp.  I used Catherine Pooler's Peppermint Stick background.  I stamped it firstly with Sweet Sixteen ink and turned it 45 degrees and stamped it with Mint To Be ink... 


Due to the way it was stamped, I cut it down and layered it onto purple and then onto the white card base.   I used some ephemera from an Anko set called Blooms Die Cuts - I got this from K-Mart here in NZ.  The sentiment is one of a LDRS stamp and die set.  It stamps a number of sentiment all at once and then the matching die cuts them all at once.   It's great to have sentiments on hand.  I added some purple gems and called it finished.  

I'm still coughing and sneezing - hopefully will be able to head to work tomorrow.  I haven't been sleeping very well at night with all the coughing.   A dose of cough mixture before bed in the hope that I will sleep.  


4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the colors on the plaid you created, Dawn - so pretty with the flower atop!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

PS - sorry meant to say GET WELL SOON!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Do hope you are feeling better now Dawn... you card is fabulous - love your colours using the stamp, and quite an innovative way to get the effect without the rubber bands :) The flower sticker is gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I'm so far behind, but catching up some before bed. Hope you're feeling much better now. I barely started the classes & haven't done any homework yet. Good for you getting right to it! This is lovely!