Wednesday 18 May 2022

OCC - Spring Card Camp 2022 - Day 1 and 2

 Hi there.   I'm taking the Online Card Class - Spring Camp 2022 - a perfect distraction while I am now isolating.... yeap... tested Positive for COVID this morning.   Watching the classes has been great and today after having an afternoon nap, I was feeling like doing some homework.


Day one - Ink Lifting.  Jennifer McGuire did two examples of ink lifting using stamps and Channin Pelletier used stencils to to her ink lifting.   I was intrigued with Channin's ideas so gave it a go.


I used three Distress Oxide inks... Broken China, Shaded Lilac and Evergreen Bough.  I blended them on some Bristol Smooth card - OMG so easy to blend!  I took a The Crafters Workshop stencil (Mini Winter Wonderland) and generously spritzed it with water before popping it down onto the ink.  Used a paper towel to dab the extra water.  Love the soft look of the ink lifting.   I trimmed the ink blended panel and added a WPlus9 Joy die (from Seasonal Sentiments die - discontinued) I layered it up three times and added Wink of Stella to the top layer.  I stamped the sub-sentiments from a Hero Arts Peace Stamp and Cut set above and below the die.  Added a few vellum snowflakes from the WPlus9 dies with some silver bling on top. 

Day 2 - Joseph's Coat.  This is an older technique, which Cathy Zielske did a bit of a different look using a stencil and Jennifer Frost-Ballas used a layering stencil and clear embossing to do her technique. 

I decided to try Cathy's technique.  


This was my first attempt... Used Catherine Pooler inks - but not too happy with this one - think it's a bit bright and in your face...but will finish it up and see if I can selvage it.   So decided to try a lighter colour way


For this one I used Distress Oxides and a Hero Arts Swirl Stencil.  I used CP Midnight ink for the black stenciling.   I am much happier with this one and will make it into a card in the next day or so.    Not sure how I will finish it off. 

Currently sitting in our upstairs lounge... while hubby, who is negative, is making the dinner!  He is an essential worker, so with a negative result can still work.  Just needs to test every day before heading to work.    Feeling okay - just a barking cough and a stuffy nose - plus tired from coughing in the night.  Good now I feel up to doing a bit of crafting.  

Take care out there.  


2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ah no - sorry for the positive test, Dawn! Take care and heal quickly! I'm taking that class too - haven't even listened to the first two days yet so have to catch up! Love your card and backgrounds!! "See" you in class!!

Greta said...

Oh no--after all the precautions you still got it! This is really discouraging. I'm glad you're not seriously ill & can even do some crafting. Love the 2nd card!