Thursday 19 May 2022

OCC Spring Card Camp 2022 - more Day 1 & 2

 Another day of Iso.... feeling slightly better again so after a quiet morning watching videos and reading and after a little nap, I got a few more cards done for homework for OCC Spring Camp 2022.  I finished off the background I made yesterday for Day 2.  I used the lighter of the two I made.



For the blending I used Distress Oxides and then used Hero Arts Swirl stencil and Catherine Pooler Midnight ink.  This a a bit of a reverse Joseph's Coat technique, using stencils.  I white heat embossed a Hero Arts sentiment wooden stamp and die cut with a Simon Says Stamp circle die.  Finished with a few clear sequins with clear gems layer up.  

One of Jennifer's Day 1 Ink lifting techniques was to blend inks, stamp and clear emboss then spritz the panel, layer another one on top and run it through a die cutting machine.   The ink transfers to the top layer giving a lighter look.   I have tried this in the past with varying success.  First attempt today, my background stamp moved and I got a double stamping.... so into the scrap pile with it and had another go. 

I ink blended some Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves and Festive Berries.  I took an older Hero Arts Wooden stamp background - Outline Flowers and embossed with Altenew translucent embossing powder (arrived in the mail today!) It gives a really pretty shimmer to the panel.  The second panel is so soft and delicate looking.   


Jennifer uses lots of little flowers on her cards.  This is not something I do... so had to go hunting in my stash for any small flower and leaf dies I had.  Found a couple of Poppy Stamps dies - Floral Cluster and Orchard Leaves and a few slightly larger ones in the Geo Floral Frame dies from Sizzix.  I cut the Sizzix dies from white and sponged ink onto them.  The small Floral Cluster I die cut from a mixture of different coloured card stock   On this one I used dies from all of them.   The Hello There is a Hero Arts Stamp and Cut die, stacked 3 times. 



For the lighter version, I used the Floral Cluster flowers - which comes in one die with different sizes - and added them in a visual triangle around the black die cut sentiment.  This one is from Catherine Pooler Designs.

I'm loving the classes.  Watched Day 3 this morning and hopefully I'll feel like playing tomorrow.  Although, Hubby thinks I should be doing the dusting and vacuuming - doesn't think that will be too strenuous for me!  We'll see... he's not working till the afternoon, so maybe he can do it himself!  

Thanks for taking the time to get through this long post.  I do appreciate each and every visit.   

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three great cards, Dawn! Just love the bday card made from your stenciled background and what a pretty pair using the transfer technique! I can see I'd better get started on the class and catch up with you!!

Lin said...

So sorry to hear you're under the weather, Dawn. That 2nd card is dreamy!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards Dawn.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card you made with that brighter background from Day 1. Loving the two cards you made from the ink lifting technique.
Of course housework will be too strenuous...
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

all so pretty, Dawn - but love love the soft colours in the last one!

creationsnz said...

Great cardmaking. It looks like you're having lots of fun in the class. CarolG