Sunday 22 May 2022

OCC Spring Card Camp 2022 - Day 3 & 4

Note: Photo heavy post 
Hi there.   After feeling really blah on Friday - and not doing anything other than watching my class videos, I had a better day on Saturday and got a lot of backgrounds made with the techniques.  And today, was feeling even better so got 4 cards made...

Day 3 - 2 for 1 inked backgrounds.   Our tutors were Kristina Werner and Jenny Colacicco.  Kristina showed us techniques using a Gel Plate or even stamps and Jenny did a stencil technique using watercolour paper with ink and water.   I didn't get get around to doing any of Jenny's techniques so my first three cards are using Kristina's technique with the Gel Press. 


Kristina used a 6" round gel plate - I used a rectangle plate but liked the look of a circle so cut out a circle from card to make a mask.  I only have a few Distress Oxide inks - mainly in soft colours so had a go.  First go used some Wilted Violet DO and Broken China.  I used a Memory Box stencil (Raymelle) and added a layer with a touch of Worn Lipstick.  I got a bit of ink where I didn't want it... so trimmed the panel down and added a lilac card backing and some purple metallic washi.  Kristina did a bit of faux stitching on her cards so I tried it too.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft and I die cut some little hearts from different die sets..

I tried again with some more of the Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet.  


I did added some of the blue ink as well.  For this one, I trimmed the panel down and added a frame I had in my "stuff to be used" bowls.  I added two layers of thin stripes of card for dimension. I did the same for the sentiment... it's the centre of Altenew's Circled Greetings - hello.  Just cut out the sentiment bit.  Added a sub-sentiment from Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Hello set.   Finished with a few pearls.

My third cards is the Twofer bit of the above ones...  As I was using the brayer to add the ink to the gel plate, I brayer-ed the extra ink onto a card to get some lovely interesting patterns. This is what I made with that panel 


I trimmed the panel down and using Altenew's Antique Silver powder, embossed the Woodware set - Floral Wonder by Jane Gill.  I added a sentiment from the LDRS set.  The panel was matted onto Lilac card and then onto a dark grey card base. I added some pink sequins to finish.  This one was hard to photograph.

Day 4 -  Embossed resist with a Twist.   Heather Hoffman and Mindy Egan were the tutors and had two awesome techniques.  Heather used embossing and then used a layering stencil to to the resist.  I still have to try this one.  Got a new Altenew layering stencil this week so it's on my to make list!  Mindy's twist used embossed background and a Gel Plate and Shimmer powders.   So I pulled out an older Hero Arts background stamp and some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders.  


The background stamp is Flower Medley (circa 2012)   I stamped in Hero Arts Unicorn ink and embossed with white powder.  I then used the Gel Plate with Aqua Lagoon, Purple Violet, Candy Pink and Peacock Green powders.  I spritzed the powers and the card and pressed it onto the plate.   The colours diluted a bit more than I thought they would, but love the soft look I obtained.  I was inspired by a Jennifer McGuire video for the card design.  I used Gina K ML 4 flag - modified to increase the length.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft - Best Friend set.   The butterfly is 2 layers I had in my little bowls. 

Thanks for getting this far.  I'm back to working tomorrow - but will still work from home as I'm still coughing.   I have to stay isolating till I'm symptom free for 24 hrs.  All in all, I got off quite lightly... so pays to be fully vaccinated and boosted.    

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad you're feeling better, Dawn! Gorgeous cards using the class techniques, especially love the circle gelli plate look! LOL - I haven't even watched past day 2, much less do homework! You're doing great though :)

Betty said...

so good to hear u r feeling better - and good enough to create all those lovely cards! take care!

Greta said...

The last card is my favorite! You're making me want to watch the videos & eventually I will.

creationsnz said...

A super card Dawn, love the gorgeous background and simple banner. CarolG