Tuesday 31 May 2022

Monochromatic Birthday at Die Cut Divas.

 It's the 31st of the month, so time for a last share for this month's Die Cut Divas.  

Our sponsor is Cas-ual Fridays Stamps.                                                                                                             

I wasn't sure if I'd have a card to share today as I left it so late to get one done.  My plan was make a card yesterday - but as they say - the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray.  I had a follow up visit with the doctor at the respiratory clinic.   She was a bit concerned that my cough hadn't improved over the weekend and as my leg was feeling a bit tender, though I might have a clot... seeing as I have had clots before.   So a ride in the ambulance to the local hospital where I had a chest x-ray and an ultra sound of my leg veins.  Luckily by the end of the day, results all came back clear....and I was able to head home around 6.00pm.  Today I decided to take another day of rest - and was able to take time to get my card done. 

As you can see I decided that a monochromatic black and white card.  I received a new Pinkfresh cover plate (Floral and DiamondTile) today so did some embossing with it for a very subtle background.  I stamped two sentiments from the Amazeballs stamp set and used a die from Gina K Master Layout 2 to cut it out and it's layer.  The main panel was cut with Master Layouts 1. The leaves are cut with Cas-ual Fridays Fri-dies Casual Vine.  I cut the vine in half to layer behind the sentiment panel.   I used a Kaisercraft Floral Pansy die set to cut the black flower and leaf.  Added some little black gems to finish. 

Do come and join us with an Anything Goes theme. 

                                                                               

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, what a day!! I know what it is like to have to go through the hoops for possible clots... a bit scary, so good to know you are in the clear! Hoping the cough resolves quickly for you, and sounds as though you needed another day of rest after yesterday.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous black/white card, Dawn - love the fun sentiment! Glad you had enough energy for this card and hope you're feeling better soon!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Dawn, very elegant..

luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

So glad everything came out OK & hope your cough is gone soon! Beautiful card!