Saturday 28 May 2022

Happy Anniversary

Friday next week my son and daughter-in-law will celebrate their first wedding anniversary.  So I made a card for them.   My card was inspired by one of the Day 4 techniques at Online Card Class - Spring Card Camp 2022.  Heather Hoffman has a embossed resist technique with a twist... using stencils to colour the card.   Such a cool look.

Here's my take on this technique.


I started by clear heating embossing an older Hero Arts background stamp.  I then used my new Altenew layering stencil - Flower Bunch layering stencil.  I used the colours as per the stencil info.   I cut with a Gina K Master Layout 2 die.  Decided the background looked a bit stark - so masked around the edge of the die cut and added some soft blue ink.  Really made the embossed butterfly stand out.   Added a white embossed on black sentiment from Sentiment Stripes #1   Layered the panel onto some black card then onto the white base.   Another fabulous technique from the classes.  

I'm entering this into NBUS challenge for May as this was the first time using this stencil.  




I'm now a few days behind in my homework.   Having to work last week put a stop on my crafting time - bummer!   And Thurs afternoon and Friday - my cough got worse.  Ended up heading to the respiratory doctor at my local GP.  Ended up with steroids and an inhaler and have to go back on Monday for a further check up. Today I only managed about half and hour in the craft room... 


10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

A year married already - how time flies, Dawn! Gorgeous take on the emboss/resist with the stencil over top and the soft blue really adds to the background!! Ugh - sorry you're still feeling poorly - take care friend & heal quickly!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

PS - thanks for sharing this beauty at NBUS - love that new layering stencil!

Lin said...

Love how this turned out, Dawn - beautiful mix!

Darnell said...

This is just gorgeous, Dawn! Perfect for the happy couple's first anniversary celebration! I loved reading about all the steps from start to finish. It was a great idea to add the blue wash to make the butterfly pop! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I hope your cough gets better soon. Hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning result Dawn - love how you used the background stamp as a resist, and the stencil over it is an amazing result.
Sorry to hear you are not that well again - not a good outcome
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Beach said...

I love how this turned out! Beautiful!

papierelle said...

I love your card and I love the idea of embossing the butterflies and writing over the flowers.

Chrissy said...

A beautiful design Dawn, love the colours and text background stamp, beautiful, gosh that year went fast didn't it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Bummer you're having more respiratory issues. Hope you're better soon! I did love Heather's video & your version of the technique is gorgeous!

creationsnz said...

So very pretty, love the scripty bits over the flowers. CarolG