Thursday 26 May 2022

OCC Spring Card Camp 2022 - Day 5 & 6

 


I'm back working this week, albeit working from home... but that means less time to spend crafting.   I'm getting a little behind in my homework... but made harder because each day there are lots of different techniques and ideas and I really want to try them all....

Day 5 - Stamped Wreaths.  Our tutors for this day were Laura Bassen and Daniel West.   Laura did a stamped wreath by using some fine lines to help placement of the stamps and Daniel did a reverse masked circle to stamp around for his wreath - and some embossed resist.   Both tutors made gorgeous cards.    I was inspired by Laura - but to make things easier for me, I used my Gina K Wreath stencil.  

A very CAS wreath using some Catherine Pooler "Tilly's Garden" stamps and CP inks.  The sentiment is from a Gina K stamp set.   A few little coloured gems finished the card. 

Day 6 was all about colour blocking... out tutors were Keisha Charles and Lea Lawson.   Keisha gave us ideas about using dies to colour block and Lea did some different type of colour blocking with hot foil and stencils.  I used some scraps to do my colour blocking - using  two panels I made in Day 1 that my stamping got messed up on.   

I took the darker and lighter panels and cut them up into two inch squares. Then layered them my card base.  I trimmed it down and then dry embossed then with a dots and spots folder.  I swinked some Delicata Gold ink across the top.  Added a big sentiment panel - a Kaisercraft sentiment cut with a Spellbinders die.  A few sequins to finish and it was done. 

I'm entering this second card into the Let's Squash It Challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

Lin said...

Love that wreath, Dawn! It looks almost like real flowers that have been pressed; nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

A couple of beautiful cards Dawn - love that you embossed the second card, and then added the ink to the raised areas - that really brought it altogether.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great cards for homework, Dawn - pretty wreath but I especially love the embossed scraps card! So, I haven't even watched the videos past day 2 - but at least that's better than the previous class where I've yet to watch a single video - oh well...

Greta said...

Great cards! I did watch the wreath videos & thought I could just use my wreath template. It was good to see how easy Laura did her wreath without needed a template.