Sunday 1 May 2022

Paper Ribbon Technique - two ways

 Recently I saw a fabulous technique - a twisted paper ribbon technique - that the delightful Natasha Foote did.  You can watch her You Tube video HERE

It's a great way to use up scraps or like me - some of my hundreds of paper pads.

Here is the first panel I did.... I can tell you that the panel is NOT what Natasha showed.   I went like a bat out of hell... and when I finished it, realised I didn't follow the instructions correctly.  However I really like the look... more of a criss cross ribbon look.


I used papers from a pack I got from K-Mart that is Australian based paper.  I paired the paper with some green card.  I die cut and stamped a butterfly from Altenew's Dovetail Butterflies set.  The sentiment is from Altenew's Sentiment Strips 3.

And I remade the panel doing the ribbon twist correctly 


Kept this one CAS...by just adding a sentiment from Gina K stamped onto a white circle with a green layer.  

I like how I finished off the first one best... the black base really made the panel pop with the large butterfly on it.   

Thanks for stopping by today. 


3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great look both ways, Dawn! Just love your combo of papers for the twist - I'll have to try it :)

Greta said...

They're both lovely cards, Dawn! Haven't heard of that technique. Thanks for the link!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun design Dawn and love both projects, very effective..

Luv CHRISSYxx