Monday 20 June 2022

Pastel Flowers

 Today I have another water coloured paper that has been die cut to make a flower.   Last Tuesday (my birthday) Grace and her Dad popped in to say Happy Birthday.  Of course, Miss Grace decided she need to do some ink blending..  she chose some Distress inks and added them to some mixed media paper.   When she left, I spritzed the paper to mix the colours... they turned out so pretty - all pastel colours. 


I took an Altenew 3D flower die - Fantasy Floral die and cut two flowers.   Love the combination of the colours.  I added some white paint splatters and some fine black splatters.  I used Altenew Mixed Frames to cut the panel and added a Happy Birthday sentiment from Altenew Sentiment stripes 3 set.  This card is for a friend who's birthday was on Friday.  She lives in Australia but arrived today for a two week holiday here in NZ to catch up with her whanau (Family).  We are heading into the city very soon to meet up with her for dinner.   I haven't seen her for 5 years - when I last visited the Gold Coast just before my Mum passed.   Will be great to catch up with her and her two daughters.

I'm entering this into this month's Inspiration Challenge at Altenew



Thanks for stopping by.   


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - you certainly are teaching Grace early to get engrossed in the joys of card making, and her blending is so pretty.
Enjoy you catch up with your friend
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Your card is stunning. I love how you created the flowers!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wish I had a little helper like Grace! Just love how your flowers turned out Dawn!!

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Dawn, I love the blended pastel shades and gorgeous die..

Luv CHRISSYxx

creationsnz said...

Absolutely stunning Dawn, love those gorgeous colours and the splatters. CarolG

Greta said...

Oh wow--so gorgeous! Love the look of Grace's blended papers after spritzing--perfect for the diecuts!