Monday 13 June 2022

Watercoloured Dies.

 Recently I watched a Gina K Facebook Live (here) where Gina made watercolour backgrounds with her Zig Markers and then die cut them to use on cards.   Over the weekend, I tried it out.  My Zigs are getting a bit dry so didn't get the same bright colour ways.   I still managed to get some fun backgrounds that I used for a couple of cards.  I recently bought some Mixed Media paper - and it's perfect for watercolouring on.  

First up - using some of the pink and orange watercolour papers.    I was inspired by the cards Gina made but using Altenew Itty Bitty Branches die cuts.  


I used Gina K Master Layouts #2 to cut my centre panel.  I cut a circle die and stamped my sentiment and then added the die cuts.   I had an issue with my glue going everywhere.  I still like how it turned out - not as noticeable in real life.  

My next card I die cut some more of the pinky watercolour and some of the green one I did,


 For this card I cut the layers of the Wild Rose 3D die  and added extra ink blending over the other layers.  I made my background panel with some Marble patterned paper.  The sentiment is from a Pinkfresh studios hotfoil and die set.   You get a lot of sentiments at once... 

I'm going to make a few more backgrounds to have on hand.  

Tomorrow is my birthday - officially an Old Aged Pensioner.... 65 years old.  NZ'ers get the pension at 65 so my holiday fund will get an extra boost every two weeks!   


2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that watercolored paper you created, Dawn! Just love the branches around the circle sentiment on card one and the gorgeous blossoms with leaves on card two!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Dawn - yes, glue can travel to unexpected parts of our cards - my glue rubber gets a fair workout some days :)
I must have a play with my brushos and see what results I get, as I don't have zigs or any watercolour brushes.
Blessings
Maxine