Sunday 3 July 2022

June Card Chain Challenge Reveal.

Hi. Time to share my card that went to Gundi in Germany as part of the Card Chain Challenge.   



I chose to use the colours. theme and sketch for my card. 

My stripes were made with watercolour paints.  Added lots of splatters.  Used Altenew's Coneflowers for my focal image.  

I'm still waiting for the card Joy from US sent.  

We had a lovely weekend, with Kieran coming to help his Dad with the decking and bring Grace with him (Mum was at home painting skirting boards) - So I got to spend 4 hours entertaining the little one.  Boy is she full on!  First thing she asked when she arrived was "Can I play in the Art room"  - lots of blending inks and learning how to use Nanny's stamps.  Then onto some painting.  I had forgotten I had some little round paints - the same sort she paints with at Daycare - so she was one happy little girl painting for ages.    I have to say, I was a bit tired when she left!    

And then today, hubby and I took the little red car out for a spin and headed north - ending up at Puhoi Pub for lunch.   It was a bit drizzly as we left so the roof was up on our way, the sun was shining and we were able to sit outside and have our lunch.   The roof was down on the way home,


A great way to spend a winter's Sunday. 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card Dawn, and great use of the sketch and themes of the challenge.
Seems quite a few have not received their cards this month.
Yes, little ones can be exhausting to care for when we are not used to it, but it sounds as though Grace loves her art
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

In real life, the card is even more beautiful and the background designed with watercolors comes into its own. Thank you again for this beautiful card.

Angelnorth said...

Love your take on the sketch, those watercolour stripes look fabulous Dawn! Small children can be great fun but surprisingly tiring, can’t they? Glad you got to have fun with your grand daughter and you’re training up a new generation of stamper!

Arlene said...

Lovely card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch with the watercolored stripes, Dawn - love, love, love it!! Looks like some delicious beverages for your ride too. I remember enjoying the summer ale when I went to NZ - not a beer drinker usually but your NZ ale tasted divine!!

Greta said...

I bet Grace did wear you out--haha! How great she's close by! Your card is beautiful!