Monday 4 July 2022

Painted Vibrant Floral

 When I was foiling the Altenew Vibrant Floral Hot foil plate, my first one had a bit of overfoiling so I put it aside.  When Grace was doing her painting the other day, I took it, used my sand eraser and removed the extra foiling.  The paints I used are Student grade by Koh-i-noor 

I have two sets - the one above and another set of brighter colours.   Perfect for Grace to use, but also easy for me to use. 


The paints are very grainy but give a really interesting look.  This one is on plain white card (Frenchville 300gms) so not bad with the amount water used.   I trimmed down the panel to a 5" square card before matting onto black card and then onto a white base. A little blue ink that was on my blending brush gave me a soft background.  Stamped a sentiment from the Altenew mini set "Best Sentiments" and glued it onto the card.   

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit.  


6 comments:

Betty said...

really pretty, Dawn

Chrissy said...

Beautiful floral image and water colouring Dawn, so pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

This is so pretty Dawn, and beautifully painted - I love my Koh-i-noor paints! A fabulous finish to the beautiful image too. Well done on 'saving' it by sanding the over-foiling
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty foiled flowers and I love your watercoloring, Dawn!!

Greta said...

Love the look of this one, Dawn!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that's so pretty! Lovely to play with different mediums. I LOVE watercolour, but have no confidence with it. Yours looks beautiful with the foiling. Gorgeous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo