Wednesday 31 August 2022

Snow Globe shaped card at Die Cut Divas

 Hi there.  It's the last day of the month so I'm sharing my sample for Die Cut Divas.  Our sponsor this month is Poppy Stamps 


I used a sweet die set from Poppy Stamps called Cabin Snowglobe Pop Up Easel  - such a cute set - lots of little bits to make up this gorgeous card. 

Here is the card closed.  I cut all the pieces out.  The base in red card and then used red and green cards to cut out the cabin and trees.  I cut the base and branches from white card - for the base I then used a distressed stripes embossing folder to add the grain before using Walnut Stain Distress ink to colour.  Did the same with the branches.  I die cut the snow banks and the cabin roof from glitter paper.  I also cut the berries from the glitter paper.  Added Copic markers to add the colour.  The bottom of the globe has a little bit of gold card.  I added the elements - inspired by the packaging.  

And here it opened 


and here is it next to a Copic maker to show the size of the card. 


I enjoyed putting this one together.  It took a while but so love the outcome.  

Do come and join us... last day today.   We'd love to see your shaped cards. 






6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Dawn! Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous snowglobe card, Dawn - just love all the extra details you added, from the snowy trees to the embossed walnut base & gold trim!!

Arlene said...

This is Fabulous. I love the embossed base - it adds so much texture to the card.

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous snow globe and lovely sparkle Dawn, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Dawn - a fabulous wee scene and I love that you made it an easel card!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Super sweet Christmas card, Dawn! Great idea for the base!