Monday 31 October 2022

More watercolouring with Altenew

Hi.  It's the last day of the month so time to share a card (or two) for Die Cut Divas. 

Altenew is our sponsor this month, and the challenge prize is Altenew Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set ($49.99 value).   Altenew will issue a 100% discount code to the winner.

This month's challenge: Watercolouring


If you have been following me for some time, you will know I LOVE Altenew products so excited to be able to highlight them.   

First up is a card using Metallic paints.   Altenew have an awesome set of metallic paints but I don't have them so used some Metallic paints I've had for many years... 


I white embossed Altenew Leaf Canopy stamp onto some black card.  I used two colours of paint on each leaf.  To add the splatter I used a very light creamy paint from the metallic set.   I used Gina K  Master Layout #2 to cut the panel and it's layer.  The sentiment is from Craft Your Life Project Kit - Silk Art.   I trimmed it and layered onto some card painted with the Gold from the Metallic paint set.   This card was for my work colleague who retired recently.   She is an awesome lady so thought the sentiment was just right for her.  

And I have a bonus card for you.   Watercolouring leads itself to many different ways of being used.  For this card I used Altenew 36 pan watercolour set to make some coloured card by painting some Mixed Media paper.  I then used the panels to die cut some flowers 


My panels were a mixture of yellows and greens and some variations of blue on the other one.    The die set I used is Altenew Mini Flower Cluster Layering die set.   I die cut out all the pieces.  I did have to ink bland one layer to make it a little darker but the rest is just the watercoloured paper.  Once I had the floral cluster put together, I gave it a spritz of Nuvo Shimmer Mist for some sparkle.   To make the background, I die cut the stitched panel with Gina K Master Layouts #2 and used an Altenew stencil (Classic Stripes) and some olive green ink to add a little bit of the stencil.  I then used some Lindy's Gang blue ink spray and added it all over.   The sentiment is from Altenew Linear Life: Tropical Garden stamp set.  

I hope you can join us at Die Cut Divas  - there's still time today. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful pair of cards Dawn - love the one with the metallic paints!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous version of watercoloring, Dawn!! Just love the metallic leaves on black and the splattered flowers too!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous metallic water colours Dawn, what a beautiful card and I love the flower die set you used as your second card, fabulous background and more water colouring, gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cindy C. said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful cards here! love the metallic watercoloring on the black and your pretty watercoloring for your background and layered die cut blooms! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So gorgeous! LOVE the diecut flowers and your inky background is perfect! Fabulous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

So pretty--gotta use my paints on black paper!