Sunday 30 October 2022

You are Amazing

What a difference a week makes.....Ngaire is doing extremely well.  She is still in hospital with her tacheotomy is still in but she is up and able to take a little walk around.  She was able to have a shower yesterday.  Her son headed home on Wednesday and her daughter today.    It will be a while before she will be able to head home to Wellington.  

It's been a bit of a wet weekend, so I've had some time in the craft room.   Yesterday I made this card. 


The little Altenew stamp and die set (Adore You Add on) has been sitting on my desk since I bought it at SENZ in July!  I was inspired by the image on the packaging.  I took my mini blending brush with some blue ink on it and used what was there to blend onto the panel.  I added some washi tape to the bottom and a strip of silver card.  I stamped the flowers and leaf a few times and die cut them.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card.  A few iridescent gems finished it. 

Entering this into Darnell's NBUS challenge - first outing for the little stamp and die set.  

Today, I made three cards - all Altenew Christmas cards for an upcoming swap. So not able to share yet.  With postage from NZ being so random these days, I wanted to get ahead and have them ready to go for when I get my swap partners.   I'm also doing another 3 card swap for a Flickr group.  So that will be my project for the week and upcoming weekend.  

Tomorrow I'm off to Court - got a call up for Jury Duty.   Hoping that I don't get chosen for a jury.  But if I do... so be it!   


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful way to use the image Dawn - love the simple background that lets it shine so beautifully.
Great to hear Ngaire is well on the mend - what a stressful time it has been all around.
All the best for Jury Duty
Blessings
Maxine

Sue - said...

What a lovely card, it has a very calming look. Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn, love the stamp and lovely background, glad to hear your friend is doing well, take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad to hear Ngaire is on the mend, Dawn! Gorgeous card with the ink blended background and the white image. Perfect with the striped border!! Good luck with jury duty!

Greta said...

Sorry I'm so far behind reading blogs. I'll review all your posts, even if I don't leave a comment. I'm so glad to hear that your dad's partner has improved & hope it continues. This is a beautiful card, Dawn!