Tuesday 25 October 2022

Watercolouring with Nuvo Shimmer Powders

  Hello... Dawn here to share a card with some watercolouring for Die Cut Divas 

Altenew is our sponsor this month, and the challenge prize is Altenew Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set ($49.99 value).   Altenew will issue a 100% discount code to the winner.

This month's challenge: Watercolouring



If you have been following me for some time, you will know I LOVE Altenew products so excited to be able to highlight them.   






I used Altenew Craft Your Life Project Kit - Hello Beautiful in this card.   I started by using Altenew silver embossing powder to emboss the largest flower from the stamp set in the kit onto some mixed media paper.   For my watercolouring I took some Nuvo shimmer powders and tapped a small amount into the wells in a painting palette and added some water. I used a blue, pinky red, yellow and green powders.   This makes the most amazing shimmery paint.  I added the paint to the image using two colours on each flower and leaf.   Once it had dried I used the matching dies to cut it out.    Next step was to die cut a panel using Altenew's Mix and Match frame dies and add some splatters with the paints and some with black paint as well.   I layered this panel over some light green card so you can see it through the holes.   The sentiment is from Altenew's Sentiment Strips #3.  It's layered onto some silver card.  The photo of the card doesn't do the gorgeous shimmer justice. 

Hope this inspires you to join us with your watercolour projects ( don't forget to use your die cut machine as well)

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Dawn - and so beautifully painted too. Love the green layer peeping thorough the border holes
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Wow a beautiful card Dawn, the colouring is gorgeous.

Sue said...

A beautiful effect and lovely colours.

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a beauty!

Chrissy said...

I love painting with Nuvo shimmer powders too Dawn, and can imagine the amazing shimmer and sparkle on these lovely flowers and great splatter in the background..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such gorgeous flowers and I love the frame and splatters, Dawn!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Dawn! All that gorgeous variation in colour, stunning! Hugs, Wends xoxo