Saturday 8 October 2022

Poinsettia and Pinecones

 Hi there.   I saw the latest Christmas Kickstart Challenge is "Poinsettias and Posies"   I LOVE my Poinsettia stamps and dies.... I have a few!    But recently my friend Arlene gifted me a fabulous Elizabeth Craft Designs die set called Christmas Accents.... 


The die set is two Poinsettias and two pinecones.   I made a very simple posy of the flowers and cones. 


 I die cut the pieces in a variety of coloured card stock and layer together.   I added a green enamel dot (Altenew) to the centre of each one.   To give my background a bit of texture, I used a Tim Holtz stencil (Holly Bough) to emboss the panel.  My all time favourite Gina K master layouts 2 was used for the panel and it's layer.   The finishing touch was a red foiled sentiment from Spellbinder's Yana's Christmas Sentiments hot foil and die set.  

I'm also entering this into Darnell's NBUS (Never before used Schtuff) as it was the first outing for the Elizabeth Crafts dies and also the Spellbinders foiling & die set.   




After almost a week of wet weather we've had two quite nice days.  Cold mornings but warmer in the afternoons.   Hubby is praying for NO rain for the next few days so he can get the deck stained/oiled.  

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Dawn - love the subtle texture in the background, and those die cuts are fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great use of Arlene's gift, Dawn - love your pinecone & poinsettia cluster! So pretty atop the embossed background!!

Sue - said...

A super card with those dies! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

creationsnz said...

Isn't it great to try out new stuff? And especially when it's a lovely surprise gift. The EF background is perfect to go with your dies. CarolG

Greta said...

Classic, beautiful card, Dawn! We just had our deck restained as no rain was in the forecast. We forgot this time of year often has foggy mornings, so the guy had to do an extra coat, but now it looks great!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful example of layering and texture, Dawn! I love poinsettias and pinecones, too ~ they always work well for classic Christmas card designs! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

TaeEun said...

This is a cute holiday posy! I love the texture you've created using the stencil! It adds so much interest to the simple design! Thank you so much for playing at The Flower Challenge!

Chrissy said...

Love your pinecone and flower display Dawn, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx