Saturday 14 January 2023

Inspired by Gina K - Love and Hugs

I'm back from my holiday.   I arrived at 6.10am on Thursday morning after a 6hr 20 min flight.  It took about an hour to get through Customs and Biosecruity.  I had managed to get about 3 hours sleep - my flight left Perth at 6.50pm - so was rather tired.  I managed a 2 hour nap and then by 8.00pm I had fallen asleep on the couch... Hubby sent me off to bed and I slept for 10 hours... I certainly was exhausted.  

So yesterday, I managed to get into my craft room and tried out a reverse layer technique I had seen on a Gina K video.  (here)  I don't have a lot of Gina K products but do have a number of the Master Layouts.   I used ML4  Heart dies as Gina did in her sample. 



The reverse layer technique involves cutting a larger heart and layering the panel with smaller die cut below.  I used a Faith Pocock stencil to add the brickwork to the top layer and then used an Altenew Flowing Hearts stencil on a white layer that was added to the back of the other two layers.  Once it was all layered up, I added some ephemera from a Uniti pack I bought earlier in the day.  I added a pre-printed sentiment from Creative Expressions.   I was really happy with the outcome.  

As my ephemera was new I am adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge.  

Here are a couple of photos of the grandchildren at Christmas and during our holiday 







The two of them got on so well, despite a 3 year gap in ages.   We all had a wonderful time.  And I loved my extra week with Archie when the others came home.  Lots of fun times.   And some exciting news announced by my daughter and daughter in law...

Celebrating 100 years of Vegemite by adding another Happy Little Vegemite to our family mid year...
🥰👶


Grace is getting promoted to big sister - Due July 23

Babies are due within 10 days of each other

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, looks like you had a fabulous time in Australia with the family and congratulations on the news, two babies so close together too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beautiful card with all the stenciled texture, Dawn!! And what happy news re: more grands on their way!! Congrats!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn - how exciting to have two new additions to the family, and so close together too - grandies are so special!
Your card is stunning - love the contrasting stencils - one organic and one graphic in design, and the beautiful ephemera flowers are stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the upcoming babies!! Your holiday looks amazing with your darling grands! There is nothing better ... not even crafting! But crafting we do when we can't be spoiling on our grandchildren and your stenciled heart design is fantastic, Dawn! I haven't seen the video, but I love the idea of the double patterns and the framing. Your flower ephemera is perfect off to one side! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh how exciting--more grandkids! Love seeing your pictures & great job with Gina's technique!