Monday 6 February 2023

Change HOW you use your Supplies....

 On Saturday I was browsing through my You Tube subscriptions and saw Natasha Foote had her latest video up  - Change How you use your SUPPLIES...  It give an idea to use with some of those cover dies - to stretch the look. 

I decided straight away on what die would be awesome to use.  Interlocking cover die from Penny Black... and I was right!

I used a couple of Spellbinders dies (Petite Mini Circles and Petite Mini Scallops) to cut the hole in the coverplate and to make my masks for stamping and stenciling.  I masked off the circle and then used Altenew Coral Bliss and Rubellite inks to blend over the background.   Then I used the reverse mask to stamp the Woodware Floral Wonder stamp and the sentiment from Altenew - Sweetest Peas set.  I then added the cover die cut and the scalloped circle to the panel.  The stamping was coloured with my Spectrum Noir Tri-blends.  A few Pinkfresh Irridescent clear drops finished the card.   So happy with the results. 

Today is a public holiday here in New Zealand.   Celebrating Waitangi Day - it marks the anniversary of the initial signing – on 6 February 1840 – of the Treaty of Waitangi, which is regarded as the founding document of the nation.   It started of a wet sort of day, but now the sun is shining and it's very humid so I headed indoors to do some crafting.   More on that in another post - 

Happy crafting everyone.

7 comments:

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Dawn! Thanks for the well-wishes!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Dawn - this is a great result and a fabulous die to use for the technique
Blessings
MAxine

Chrissy said...

Lovely cover plate Dawn, love the frame too, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn.

creationsnz said...

Oh so fabulous, such a wonderful way to showcase your dies. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous with the scalloped circle floral feature atop the coverplate, Dawn!!

Helen said...

So sweet Dawn. I love the flower sjust peeping out from the circle. Great design. :)