Wednesday 8 February 2023

Take a sheet of scrapbook paper - and chop it up Part 1

 While I was browsing You Tube  I came across a video by Maymay Made it Crafts where she took a 12 x 12 scrapbook paper - particularly ones that are hard to use and just chop them up - don't look or chose an area - just chop.   I have a box of 12 x 12 sheets - have had them for years.... so decided I'd try and see what I could come up with.  

I chose a sheet of some grey paper with some black and clear embossing on it.  It came in a pack of mixed company's papers, so I'm not sure who produced it.   I chopped it at 4 inches by 5.25 inches and off I went...  Today I'll share the first three cards  I made. 

#1


For this one, I trimmed the panel a little and added a black layer.   I went with a monochromatic look for this first one.   I used one of the Altenew Craft Your Life kit - Hello Beautiful  stamps and used some Altenew grey inks to added some colour  I due cut the stamp with the matching die.  I die cut a couple more white dies and layered them all together.   The sentiment is from the same stamp set. 

#2


My next card had a bit more colour.  I used Altenew mini set - Adorable Anthurium stamp and die set to make three pots of flowers.   I used Altenew Woodless Watercolour pencils to add the colour.   I added the back one directly to the card and the front two were popped up on dimensional tape.  The sentiment is from the same set.  

#3


The background for this one was very textured.   So I decided to add a bit more with a Hero Arts stamp called - Old French Writing (an older wooden stamp.  I used a dark grey Altenew ink for this.  For my floral I used a 49th and Market rub on from the Vintage Bits Blendable 01.  The sentiment is a pre-printed one from Creative Expressions cut with an Altenew die.  The card looks much nicer in real life.  

I had fun coming up different ideas for this rather different paper.   I've done the other three cards but still have to photograph and edit them.   

Happy crafting

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great concept Dawn - and one I should use too :) Loving your stunning results.. some very clever work with the paper
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

This is a great idea, Dawn, and I love your results!

creationsnz said...

I'm going to have to try that. I love love love that last one with the faded flower and vintage writing. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I've got to get going with this technique too, Dawn - too many 12x12 papers cluttering up the place! Love what you did with this trio, especially the last one with the rub-on, stunning!

Greta said...

That is a good idea for making use of some of the 12x12 papers we all seem to have. 3 beautiful cards!