Saturday 11 February 2023

Take a sheet of scrapbook paper - and chop it up Part 2

 Hi there.  Back to share my part 2 of  use that hard to use scrapbook paper.... You can see part 1 here.

Three more cards using the paper I chose. 

Card 4

I added some texture by stamping the Hero Arts Old French Writing with black ink and clear embossing.  I used a rose from a Uniti Ephemera pack with a reversed foiled sentiment - from Memory Box.   It was the left over foil, foiled onto white card.  

Card 5

This one was another monochromatic look.   I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts - With Sympathy.  I then masked it off and used some of the flowers from the set - stamping a bit extra of the stems below the masking.  

Card 6

For my final panel, which as very textured and patterned, I went for a large die cut sentiment.   I cut the Penny Black sentiment from black and silver card and layered them together.  Part of the die set was a die that cuts a few little hearts - which I did twice from red card.  

So that's 6 cards from one 12 x 12 hard to use sheet of scrapbook paper.  I am happy with the results I got.  

Here in Auckland we are battening down the hatches.... Cyclone Gabrielle is headed our way and the forecast for the next few days is high winds and heavy rain.  With Auckland still a bit waterlogged from the rain 10 days ago, we are on high alert.  Supermarkets were super busy today with people stocking up on bottled water, and food in case we lose power.  Hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted.  


8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Three fabulous cards Dawn using the same paper! I hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted and hope you stay warm and dry.

creationsnz said...

At least you have plenty of crafting supplies to keep you out of trouble!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, really lovely, stay safe and hope you don't cop it too bad..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous trio with that yummy patterned paper, Dawn!! Especially love the last one with the jumbo sentiment and bitty hearts!! Stay safe my friend!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn - I can see you getting some more of these cards made during the storm - you certainly have had a hammering up there - we are pretty wet and windy here today...
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful card Dawn, love the monochrome tones with the fab pops of red to accent. Beautiful diecut sentiment too! Glad you guys were okay through the cyclone, was a scary time. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Helen said...

What a wonderful set of cards Dawn. I love this DP and the look of black and white. :)

Greta said...

I've been thinking about you & wondering how you & your family did with the storm. Hope all is OK. Your cards are really beautiful & I especially love the last one!