Wednesday 15 February 2023

Christmas Bauble.

 Over at Christmas Kickstart the February challenge is "Baubles"  Over the past couple of days I made a card to enter.   I'm working from home at the moment as our office in Takapuna can't open as the power is still out.  A small pocket of streets around the office lost power late afternoon on the 13th and as yet it has not been  restored.  So in my breaks I pop into the craft room and have a 10 min play.

So I started by taking a 12x12 sheet of Christmas paper and cut it into 6 panels.   It's lovely double sided paper.  I thought it might get me enthusiastic to getting my Christmas cards.  

Baubles...... I had to think what stamps/dies I have.  First I pulled out a stamp set and then remembered I had a very old Cuttlebug die and embossing folder set.  So I found it and away I went.


  Started by trimming some of the bottom of the green panel and flipped it over.  I layered the two panels to a red card base and added a little rose gold strip across the join.   I took a piece of white card and die cut the bauble and then put it through the embossing folder.   I took some Altenew Gold ink and rubbed it all over the die cut.  Added a little bit of gold ribbon and a few gold gems.    I can't wait to use more of the paper.  It really is lovely. 


And a big thank you to Christmas Kickstart for picking my January card as one of the Top Picks.  

I'm working from home again tomorrow so another little crafting time in my breaks.  The North Island of New Zealand got hammered by Cyclone Gabrielle.  Auckland and Northland still have some flooding and power outages.  The main highway north is blocked and lots of detours to get supplies up to the north.  And further south the Hawkes Bay was hit very hard.  Both north and south roads are blocked, huge floods, slips and sadly lost of lives - both in Auckland and Napier.   Aroha (Love) to all the people affected by the cyclone. 


5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So sorry to hear of all the damage and loss of life in New Zealand, Dawn, but happy you're safe and sound!! Love your embossed bauble - pretty color combo!!

kiwimeskreations said...

this is magnificent Dawn - love your use of the paper, and that bauble is gorgeous. I only heard today that DS and family in Gisborne are ok.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

New Zealand is having a pretty rough time right now, isn't it. Hope things improve soon. Your card is a delight and I love that big golden bauble. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x.

creationsnz said...

I have same die/EF - must be twenty years old! An oldie but a goodie. CarolG

Greta said...

So sad all the natural disasters lately. Glad that you're OK. Lovely card!