Friday 10 March 2023

Masculine Birthday card

 I had to make a male birthday card for my son-in-law whose birthday isn't for another  10 days but as it needs to make it's way to Perth, I did it early.    I struggle with masculine cards but thank goodness for Pinterest.   My card is a combo of a couple of different ideas I saw there.  

I used some grey card and embossed it for a textured background.  Cut some flags and a circle for the Hero Arts sentiment.  It's a great one for a focal sentiment.    I die cut a few little stars to add as embellishments.

I've been making a few cards but as they are for swaps and upcoming design work, my blog has been a bit quiet.   Hoping this weekend to get a couple of cards done for challenges.   

Take care and happy crafting 

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love this, Dawn - what a great sketch and I love all the texture & patterns you combined! Son-in-law is sure to love it too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great card Dawn - love that textured background!! Love the pop's of colour against the grey
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn. You have such an amazing collection of EF and dies! I love this card with its understated background and bold topper. CarolG

Greta said...

Perfect masculine card, Dawn!