Sunday 12 March 2023

Two cards, two challenges.

 I managed some time in the craft room last evening.... not much on the tele...and hubby had rugby on... 

I was wanting to do a card for both Christmas Kickstart and The Flower Challenge -

First up was the card for The Flower Challenge - Die Cuts or Stencils.   I decided to do both!


I started by using a Tim Holtz corner die to cut the right hand side of a card panel.  Next I stamped the Altenew Cherry Blossom Bunch in a light brown ink,  and used the coordinating colouring stencils and some Altenew purple and green inks to colour it up.    I then die cut it with the coordinating die.   I blended the two purple inks onto a scrap to add behind the die cut corner.  


And here's my card for the Christmas Kickstart challenge - Wrapped up for Christmas  (use a scarf or Scarves on your card) 


I love my Gina K penguins - there are a few of them in the one stamp set - my favourite are these two.   I stamped and clear embossed them onto some Bristol card and used some distress inks to watercolour them before die cutting them.  I next made my background - using a Montarga snowflake stencil (They are a NZ company) I used what blue ink was on my blending brush then used some Nuvo glimmer paste to give some sparkle.   My sentiment is from a mini set by Kaisercraft, die cut with an Altenew sentiment die set.  I used a Gina K Master Layout die to cut out the scalloped rectangle and added to the red base.   



Today, I did a couple more cards - a pair of Easter cards for my grandies... Just need to finish them off tomorrow.  


11 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty, Dawn! I'm loving the purple one especially!

Dotty Jo said...

Two very lovely cards, Dawn. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Monika and me, Jo x

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and perfect for the challenge at The Flower Blog. Love the flowers and that amazing looking die cut on the base of the card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cherry blossoms and I love your sweet penguin pair, Dawn!!

Arlene said...

Cute, Cute penguins.

I love your flowers and lace cut-out for the background of your flower card. WOW

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving that floral card Dawn - the added corner die is a fabulous feature
The penguins are cuties, and I love your sparkly snowflakes
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards!

Stef Perry said...

You had me at purple, Dawn! Your stenciled flowers are bold and beautiful, and adding the corner die cut in the background is such a pretty design element. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

creationsnz said...

Your floral card is SO pretty Dawn, I love that lacy corner die - I want it! CarolG

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Dawn! Really love the floral one!

Viv said...

Wow this is so gorgeous Dawn!.... thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx