Sunday 30 April 2023

Watercolouring with Altenew stamps

 Hi there.  As it's the last day of the month, it time to share my Die Cut Diva DT card - or today cards!





Established in April 2014, Altenew has quickly become a leader in the inspiration industry and continues to innovate and influence the world of paper crafts. Altenew strives to encourage crafters to express their own unique creativity through the art of paper crafting.

The Challenge for this month is: Water Coloring!
You can watercolor anything on your project, just remember to include 
a die cut or use an embossing folder in your design!

The Prize from Altenew

First card.


I used some black card and gold embossed Altenew's Cherry Blossom Bunch in Ranger Platinum powder.  I then used some metallic paints (Twinkling H2O's ) to add the colouring.   Still need more practice  with the white spray as a splatter!   I used a scrap of a die cut frame to add my sentiment from the same Cherry Blossom Bunch set.  

Second Card

This one is more CAS - 

I have used Altenew Rennie Roses.  I stamped the different sizes of the roses around the sides of the panel cut with a Gina K Master Layout 1 die.  I then watered down some Distress Oxides to colour loosely.  I used Saltwater Taffy, Picked Raspberry and Mowed Lawn inks.    Did some doodling on the leaves 

This month's challenge was perfect for me as I LOVE Altenew products  and enjoy watercolouring.  

Thanks for stopping by today.   

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn, and right up your alley as far the topic(s) went :)
I'm doing ok, but frustrated as thanks to a mess up with results, I have now got an extended period of isolation. Which also means the family have to test for another five days, had the original result been mine, they would have been able to stop by now.
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, love the water colouring, as for splatter is fabulous, if you want them smaller splatter higher up and use a smaller brush, I find that works well, but I love what you have splattered here, and love the sketchy flower, I have played with mine this weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Arlene said...

Both cards are fantastic!!!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Dawn - love the watercoloring on black, so striking!! And the roses look amazing too!!