Wednesday 3 May 2023

April 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal.

 I managed to take part in the April CCC - missed a few lately with life taking over.... so was nice to make a card to send to a fellow crafter.   Here's the total reveal. 

If you haven't taken part... it's a great idea.  You sign up - and have some choices each month  - a colour challenge or a sketch or a theme or a product/technique.  You can choose one, two, three or all four.   For April the options: 


Theme options: Spring/Umbrella/Friendship  and Product/Technique options: Brads/Paper piecing.

My card is on it's way to Robyn in Australia.   It started it's journey early in the month when I popped into the local post box - but I had forgotten to add postage stamps!!!  How forgetful was that!!!  so it made it's way back to my letterbox.   I then added the postage and send it on it's way again.  


 I chose to use the sketch, umbrella and paper piecing.  I found some pretty paper in my stash.  Think it came from a 1-2-3 dollar store.  I've lost the packaging.  I used it as my base layer.  The little hedgehog is an older Penny Black set - Hedgie Friends.  I used Spectrum Noir Tri-blends to colour them.  I used the PP to paper piece the umbrella.   The panel was cut with Gina K Master Layout #2.  Finished with some gold gems.   

I hope Robyn likes it when it finally arrives.  

And I received a gorgeous card from Pia in Norway. 


 There is still time to join the May challenge   Hope to see you there.



7 comments:

papierelle said...

Sweet image and great implementation of the sketch and the color specification.

Imke said...

Great take with the Sketch, paper piecing and this sweet little guy.
~Imke

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Dawn, I love that little hedgy! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, and thanks so much for the fabulous gnome librarian - I totally LOVE that card, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Dawn - a gorgeous image and great use of the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - adorable hedgie with the pieced umbrella, Dawn - love it!! LOL - I've done the same thing forgetting to add postage stamps; now I triple check every envelope! Very annoying to the cars behind me in the drive-thru deposit box line!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, love the paper pieced umbrella, lovely papers too and adorable Hedgie..

Luv CHRISSYxx

creationsnz said...

Your paper pieced umbrella is gorgeous, as is the whole project! CarolG