Sunday 28 May 2023

Interference Inks... two ways.

 Over at Splitcoaststampers this week, there was a great video using black paint/gesso and Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polish.  Christine used gesso and  3D embossing folder.   I don't have the Opal Polish, but I do have some VERY ANCIENT Opalite inks so decided to give them a go.   First up I used black acrylic paint with an Altenew Bergenia folder.... EPIC FAILURE!!!!   Next I tried with some black Obsidan ink (Altenew) brayered onto the folder and embossed onto white card.   Let it dry and then did a direct to paper technique with the Opalite inks ( Crystall Blush, Nordic Ice, Golden Mist and Cypress Frost)   It looks like versamark ink... no colour but once it hits the black it is supposed to show the colour.  Well with this one... it's there but only ever so slightly, if you tilt it in the light....So difficult to photo on this one 


Here you can just about see the colours... and definitely you can see it on the black card.  I swinked it on and then used a die from Concord & 9th Just Saying Dies.  A few black enamel dots to finish. 

I had more success using black card with the embossing folder. 


I added the inks by swinking across the embossed panel.  It really shimmers and shines.  I backed it onto the maroon card.  The sentiment is from Altenew's Versatile Greetings Dies, cut from the maroon card and backed with white card.  Added some white enamel dots.    I've had these Opalite inks for a very long time - bought them at a craft fair in 2016.  I think I might have used them once or twice and then stored them in the bottom draw of one of my cabinets.   I must admit I was surprised it still worked!  

Thanks for stopping by. 


2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty embossing folder and I love the Opalite on it, Dawn - especially the black cardstock!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great way to use the Opalite inks Dawn, and a wonderful adaptation of the technique - I have some of those inks also, probably from the same craft fair!!
Blessings
Maxine