Friday 26 May 2023

Purple Poinsettia - a non traditional Christmas card.

 This month's challenge at Christmas Kickstart is all about a colour palette.



 Of course this palette is right up my alley as I LOVE the colours of Purple.  I was inspired by my bloggy friend - Linda with her gorgeous entry using a poinsettia.  


I used a Hero Art Woodblock stamp - Antique Poinsettia.   I too two sheets of PP from an Anko pack called Marble.  I stamped first onto a grey marble paper and fussy cut it out.  Added some pale purple marker to the leaf portion.  Next stamped was twice onto the purple marble paper.  Each time in the different shades of purple.  I then fussy cut the two layers.  The second layer had dimensional dots between it and the base, and the top layer was added directly to the second. Three little purple gems finished the centre.  I found the soft purple background in a Recollections pack called Northern Lights.  I decided I needed a little something more, so used a Kaisercraft Rectangle Fancy Frames die to cut a frame.  The sentiment is a Scrapbook.com die that was a gift when buying some stuff from them.  Cut it from purple but it didn't look right - so cut from white and layered the two together. 

And because I used a woodblock stamp, this one is going into Amy's Woodblock Wednesday challenge -Here is the stamp with the card, 



Today was a work from home day so once I finished for the day I quickly did the housework and then off to the craft room for the next couple of hours.  A productive afternoon making this one.  




4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous layered poinsettia, Dawn, & I just love it with the scalloped frame!! Thanks for the shout-out too :)

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Dawn, what a beautiful card. I love how you layered the poinsettia. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gundi and me, Jo x

papierelle said...

You have been wonderfully inspired. I love poinsettias and although they don't actually exist in those colors, they still look great.
I am very happy that you are playing with Jo and me at the Kickstart Challenge. Gundi

~amy~ said...

how LOVELY! that poinsettia bloom is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!