Tuesday 17 October 2023

Leafy fun

 I had a great day on Saturday with my friend, Suna.  We drove 2 1/2 hours south of Auckland to the FYI Craft Fair which is held in the Don Rowlands Event Centre on the shore of Lake Karapiro.  It's a great little spot for a great little fair.   It's not a huge fair but our favourite retailer - Krafter's Cart was there with a hug stand.  Meetu and her sister Neha were there and we had a big spend up!   I was reasonably constrained... only one stamp set from Gina K but lots of other stuff.. some 49th and Market laser cut ephemera leaves, some Lindy's Magical powder shakers, a stamp scrubby, some domed blenders and extra domes, a few dies - like the Pinkfresh Folk Art Frames, Pinkfresh Curvy leaves and a Spellbinders Popular sentiments!    

I got back home on Saturday afternoon at 4.20pm (left home at 7.00am) so a long day!   We went out to dinner at our friend's place to celebrate my hubby's birthday and watch some of the election results.  By 10 to 9 I was nearly asleep so we headed home.  Luckily we live 250 metres around the road.

Sunday morning our friend's arrived at 8.00am to watch the Rugby World Cup quarter final - New Zealand versus Ireland - a nailing biting game that we luckily won!  Hubby then headed off to help Michael move some stuff so I took the opportunity to make a card while he was away and before we headed out to have lunch with our son, daughter-in-law and the grand-daughters.


My background was made with the Lindy's Magical Powders - Pinkies Up Pink - It looks amazing in real life.  Once dried, I used the Pinkfresh Folk Art Frames die. I added some of my new Lost Shadow Oxide ink and a texture stamp from Kaisercraft.  It is very subtle but it is there!   I backed it onto some brown card and then used some of the same brown to use the Spellbinder's Popular Sentiments.   The shadow layer was cut with some vellum.  The leaves are from the 49th and Market Laser Cut Mixed Media leaves.   Really happy with the results.  The leaves are simply stunning.      

Now to find more time to do some more crafting.  It's coming up a long weekend here so an extra day to craft.  


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card, those Lindy's powders are amazing, and you have used them beautifully here!!
Sounds as though you had a great day Dawn - I was sorry I couldn't make it, but on top of another commitment and my health, I also had a funeral to attend...
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Autumn colours and fabulous card Dawn..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning leaves and I love the text you stamped on them, Dawn! Beautiful background with the magicals too!!

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning Autumnal card Dawn, love the colours.