Tuesday 24 October 2023

Merry Christmas Poinsettia

I finished up the card I was working on yesterday, later in the evening.  I took me ages to do... but I love the way it turned out. 

This card was quite the labour of love!   The beautiful sentiment - from Carta Bella, was cut with some green Mirri card.  Each letter was cut separately apart from the "AS".. which meant trying to get them added to the embossed layer was a bit difficult.   I die cut one from white card to use as a template to stick them through.    I started by trimming a white panel for the background - embossed it with an unnamed folder which had the embossing around the edges.  Think it may have come from a magazine.  Next up was to print the patterned paper.   I pop the download onto Word and was then able to recolour the red to green before printing it out.   I used a Hero Arts Infinity Arch die set to cut it out.  I used a smaller die from the Arch set to cut the centre panel which was embossed with a snowflake folder.  The poinsettia is by Spellbinders - Layered Poinsettia, cut from white card for the three smaller layers and lightly ink blended with green ink from the brush I used.  The last layer was cut from some textured green card which I also used to die cut some of the Pinkfresh Curvy leaves dies.  The entire panel was then layered onto some of the green Mirri card before adding to the white base.   I have to say the Mirri card is hard to get a good photo of.    Well worth the time it took.                                                   


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Dawn - this is beautiful. Great work re-colouring the paper!! All the embossing adds some wonderful dimension to the overall look. Love the soft greens in the poinsettia and the leaves
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

Oh, this is lovely, Dawn! I love your mix of printed paper and embossing, and adding the little bit of green to the white poinsettia pulls everything together so nicely! LOVE this!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poinsettia in the white & soft green, Dawn! Looks amazing with the embossed layers behind!!

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Dawn, love the embossing and your design, and the poinsettia is beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Betty said...

love love the white poinsettia with the dark green - gorgeous card, Dawn - well worth the time it took to create!!!

creationsnz said...

Lovely lovely lovely! CarolG